Technical Skills of Coaching
- What controls your distance? Why did it go too far? How do you fix it for the next shot?
- What controls your direction? Why did it go to the right? How do you fix it for the next shot?
- Why do your thumbs need to be straight AND on top of the handle? To make the "L" swing,
- Why do you think the ball went so high? What causes the ball to go up in the air? (Loft)
- What do you do for your full swing to make the ball go far? (Use letter "L" and "O") The "L" and flicking (hinging) your wrists creates more speed to make the ball go far. Flip club upside down or use an alignment rod to make "swoosh" noise by flicking wrists
- Why do your arms need to be straight to make a "Y" swing? What happens if you bend your arms (chicken wings)? (the clubhead is off the ground) Where is the ball? (on the ground) (so you'll miss the ball if you bend your arms) If your arms are straight, then the clubhead can reach the ball on the ground.
- Why does your left arm need to be straight to make an "L" swing? Same as above. To reach the ball, the left arm needs to be straight.