Golf Class FAQ's
What is included with registration fees?
Weekly golf lessons using our Gator Junior Golf life skills curriculum
Playing Program where students can signup to play 9 holes with a coach
Access to our website parent portal with videos and other helpful material
Gator Junior Golf bag tag
Does my child need to have prior golfing experience to start in the Gator Junior Golf program?
No prior experience is required! We have a skill level for everyone!
What're the differences between the PeeWee, Beginner, and Intermediate classes?
- What's a Play Day?
- Click here to learn more
- Are volunteers background checked?
- All volunteers and coaches are required to undergo a national level 2 background check once per year. This includes fingerprinting and a complete criminal history report. Our students' safety is our primary concern.
- Where do I go?
- We will typically meet at the putting green next to the clubhouse. If you ever have a question, the front desk in the clubhouse is your best resource.
- What if it rains?
- We will have activities indoors if it rains. We usually have indoor class in the dining room. We have class rain or shine!
- What should my child wear?
- Collared shirt, or just a nice shirt and closed-toe athletic shoes.
- What do I bring?
- If your child has golf clubs, please bring them. Otherwise, we have clubs for use in class. Sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended.
- How long does it last?
- PeeWee is 45 minutes. Beginner and Intermediate classes are 1 hour.
- Do I have to stay during the lesson?
- You are welcome to spectate or leave for the duration of class. We just ask that you return before the end of class.
- How large are the class sizes?
- Our typical class size is around 15 students. We strive to maintain a minimum of 3-to-1 student to coach ratio. Kids will be split into smaller groups during the golf practice. Small group sizes are usually 3 kids and 1 coach.
- Where can I view pictures and learn more about the weekly lessons?
- Visit us on Facebook! We will be posting informative videos soon. Click Here: https://www.facebook.com/GatorJuniorGolf/
- What if I want to volunteer?
- Please visit our volunteer page on our website https://gatorjuniorgolf.org/volunteer-1/
- What if I have more questions?
- Feel free to contact us here